The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lovin' my new vacuum...

I went out to Sears this morning and purchased a new Kenmore progressive vacuum cleaner. My Dirt Devil, which I have disliked for years, kept over-heating when we were vacuuming the old house and it won't stand up on its own anymore. So, my wonderful husband said to go out and buy any vacuum cleaner that I wanted. I was really leaning toward the Dyson until I did what any good daughter of Mel Kaup would do and I checked with Consumer Reports. Surprisingly, the Kenmore did way better than the Dyson and was in fact Consumer Reports #1 pick! And, it was a few hundred dollars cheaper than any of the Dyson vacuums. I just finished vacuuming and it works really great. It's so quiet compared to my other one and it stands up all by itself. Yea!
In other news, we have everything over to the new house and can actually get my car in the garage too. There are still lots of boxes around here but we are making progress. We are heading to a pool party at one of my co-workers house this afternoon. It should be lots of fun!
Have a great weekend, everyone!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am proud of you great choice! :) Happy Vacuuming!

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    TOTALLY jealous! My old Kenmore... vintage 1999 is duck-taped in two places. I've been eyeing a dyson but I may have to head on over to Consumer Reports! Thanks for the tip!

     
  • At 4:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm glad you bought a Kenmore. I KNOW I'm wierd, but I just don't like that guy on TV. He acts like it is SOOOOOOO hard to push a regular vacuum because it only goes straight. I've never experienced that problem. Actually, I think it would really stress my wrist trying to maneuver a Dyson! So there Mr. Full of yourself! See. Told you I was wierd.

     
  • At 3:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The things that thrill us! I LOVE getting a new vacuum! It just makes cleaning so much more fun (if you can call it that!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home