The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I love May! There are so many great holiday. May Day (Lei day in Hawaii), Teacher appreciation week, Mother's Day, My birthday :), Memorial Day, and my favorite.....The last day of school! Yea! Does that make me a bad teacher to be so excited about the end of a school year? I do love my job and will be excited when August comes around, but summer vacation is one of the great blessings to being a teacher. :)
Anyway, enough about that. Here are a few pictures from the past 2 weeks.
First, my Mother's Day cards. Kenzie picked out the one on the left, Mason's is the SpongeBob one.


Those cards fit their personalities to a T. :)
Next, is Teacher Appreciation Day. I am so blessed to be a part of a school that spoils their teachers. Each student brought in a gift every day that started with a certain letter. Monday was M, Tuesday was two A's, Wednesday was H, Thursday was L, and Friday was O. By the end of the week it spelled "Mahalo" which is the Hawaiian word for Thank you. You can see in the second picture what they brought each day. On Friday they also gave me the lei and picture. They really are a great group of kids!


Monday the 2nd-5th grades went to an Ice Skating rink for a field trip. Hardly any of my pictures turned out but that is Mason pushing that little walker thing. He tried super hard and was doing pretty well by the time we were done. I didn't even try!

Friday is Mackenzie's pre-school graduation and next week will be the last week of school! :)

5 Comments:

  • At 5:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ice skating in Hawaii!?! Very interesting.

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Must be kind of, sorta, like surfing in Nebraska! Really tough to get up any speed.

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger Reb said...

    Love the cards! can't wait for summer also so we can chat at decent times again:)

     
  • At 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great cards!! I think HI is the place to be if you are a teacher!

     
  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    A belated Happy Mother's Day to you!! It's funny because Emma has given me the "stinker" card before. It fits BOTH of our girls! :) Happy teacher appreciation week too!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home