The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Thursday, June 26, 2008

More of the waiting game....

Ok, I promise to keep my venting about our moving situation to a minimum. Let me just put it this way. Out of the 17 or so families, like us, that have been waiting to move into the new houses, about half are moving this week. We are not a part of that half! :( I don't understand the order that they are going in, it's not alphabetical and it's not by rank. The housing manager is out of the office today and the only answer I could get is that our paperwork is not printed up yet and that means it will be next week for us. I am so tired of hearing the words "next week". I'm beginning to think "next week" should be the theme for Hickam Community Housing because that's all the answer I ever get from them!
Ok, I'm done!
On to other things, have you heard of Webkinz? They are stuffed animals that come with a code to use online at www.webkinz.com. Online you get a virtual pet that looks just like your stuffed animal. You feed it, play with it, dress it, ect. They are pretty cute and both my kids have become big fans. They got their first webkinz pets for Christmas and now each have seven. At first Kenzie didn't care about the online part and just played with the stuffed animals but now she can even go online and dress and feed her pets.
Anyway, here are a few pictures.


This is the latest addition, Miley, the black lab.






Mackenzie's other pets: (left to right) Stripes, Coco, Buddy, Rolly, Lusie, and Sparkle

Mackenzie playing at Webkinz World
This is a close up of Coco in her bathing suit and goggles. You can even get your pets a swimming pool.

Well, that's about it from the Island. I don't know what we are going to do this weekend but I think we need to get out of this house! We'll keep you posted. :)
Oh, by the way, good news from NE. Our renters are signing another year lease. This is really a relief to us being that everything has gone so smoothly with them and we didn't want to have to go through the process of finding new renters for the next year. Yea!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    Congrats on the renters!! We can't wait till you guys are prepping to move back here instead of a different place there. :)
    I totally understand the waiting game and how frustrating it is. I don't mind your venting at all, we all have to sometimes.
    I have heard so much about the Webkinz but haven't started that yet. Kenzie, your hair is still so cute!!

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    AHHHHHHH!!! There, I'm hollering for you! How frustrating, I'm sure it will be worth the wait when it finally happens.
    Cute pets! That looks like a lot of fun. I'm remembering Katie's pet thing that you had to feed and the whole bit, you couldn't just turn it off. I like these much better!!

     
  • At 4:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My kids are into the Webkinz now, too. It really is amazing. I'm so awful, though. Emma keeps feeding them and feeding them, even when they're only 1% hungry. I tell her to quit wasting her Kinzcash on food. I have refrained, however, from telling her that no matter how much you neglect them, they will not die!

     
  • At 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YEAH for renters!!! Now I don't have to mow the grass. :-)

    See you in a few months!

     
  • At 5:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We don't mind when you have to vent. It is hard to understand sometimes how it works for some and not the others! We are so glad things worked out at this end and you get the same renters. We are just patiently waiting until your move is back to Ne. OH Happy Day!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home