The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Personality test at Chuck E. Cheese

Last night we went to Chuck E. Cheese. (Not my favorite restraurant) As I was sitting at the table watching our children play I noticed how much their different personalities come through. Mason is all about the games and trying to get as many tickets as possible. He seemed to come back every five minutes for more tokens, bringing back long strands of tickets to the table. Mackenzie on the other hand probably only used 5-6 tokens, mostly on the merry-go-round or a car ride. She spent the rest of her time playing in the McDonald's type tunnel/playground. She even made new friends. I finally let Mason use up the rest of her tokens to earn her some tickets.

At the "prize counter" their different personalities shine through even stronger! I let Bob accompany Mason to the counter, with good reason. It takes Mason decades to decide exactly what to get with his 111 tickets. (Which doesn't get very much anyway!) They were gone a long time, finally coming back with 3-4 little trinkets. Mason loves to spend and always wants to get the most for his money.

Mackenzie on the other hand went to the counter, quickly chose her 3 items and was finished within 5 minutes. When at the store she always chooses very quickly and is content with whatever she chooses.

Anyway, it just amazes me that two kids can be so different in so many ways. I'm sure some of it is age and gender, but God sure did create each one unique and very special!

Here are a few pictures taken this past week. Enjoy!



Mackenzie and her friend Abraham.

About a year ago, Abraham had surgery on his leg bone in which the doctors had to insert some screws and other "hardware". Last week they went in for another surgery to remove the hardware. He spent a few days in a wheelchair but has healed wonderfully because he is back to walking and playing now.

My friend Cara (Abraham's mom) made Kenzie these pajamas. She made a matching blanket too.
Monday we made "rock pets". Mason especially loves art and creating things.
The finished "pets".

5 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mom and I have always said you could have 100 children, and raise them in the same home, and they would all be different. You five are all different in your own special ways. Isn't God good!
    Now those are my kind of pets, low maintenance, but very cute!

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now that's my kind of pe...no litter box or poop patrol!

    It is amazing how different kids can be. How boring it would be if we all liked the same things!

     
  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    I admire you Amy. It's only a week or so into summer break and you are already being very creative. :) I'm impressed. Yes, our two are so different in so many ways. It's amazing how you can raise them the same and they are different from day 1. We are curious how #3 will be. :)

     
  • At 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am amazed that they each only have 3 rocks. There's no way mine would have come in from outside with less than 10 each as they are avid rock collectors. Well, rocks... leaves... washers from the snow blower...pretty much any type of junk. The only way I could get away with it is to not let them pick their rocks!
    ...Yes, it's me. Been tryin to email you. Not sure if I have the right addy. Mine's not the same anymore.

     
  • At 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That last one was from me. I accidently hit enter as I was typing my name. Sorry.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home