The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mackenzie's "new do"

So, Saturday afternoon/early evening I was working on report cards when I got a call from my friend up the street. Mackenzie was playing at their house with her friend Abraham. As soon as I said hello my friend Cara says, "I have something funny to tell you, but you might be really mad." Ok....I'm thinking maybe Kenzie had an accident on their carpet or broke something, but no, it was more drastic. She decided to trim Abraham's hair, some of his stuffed animals, and CUT her own hair! Cara said she went upstairs to check on them and there was a trail of blond hair. (Abraham is blond also but of course being a boy his cut isn't as obvious.)

So, here is a before picture. I just took this Friday afternoon. Notice how long Kenzie's hair is.
Now here is the new cut!



The rest of the story is that I rushed her over to my neighbor, Sarah who is a really fantastic, professional hair stylist. Her and her family were getting ready to go out for dinner and a movie but being the awesome friend that she is, she took the time to fix our little emergency. She had to go pretty short and layer it because both sides had been cut above the chin and there are actually a couple of chunks on the top of her head that are only about an inch long.
I told Bob the only choices were short or going with a mullet! We all decided short was the better option!
I think the short cut is growing on me, and Sarah did a great job cutting it into a cute style, but I do miss her long locks. :) I guess its only hair. It will grow back and it could have been worse!

7 Comments:

  • At 11:52 PM , Blogger Kaup Fleet said...

    Oh my goodness! I can't wait until that stage comes with Maggie. It sounds like you handled it much better than I would have Amy. I have to admit, the short do is really cute though! Very trendy!

     
  • At 3:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Grandpa loves long hair, but I must admit it is very very cute, but don't go any shorter Kenzie!

     
  • At 3:42 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    That is a cute cute cute haircut! Oh, I mean, MACKENZIE MAY! WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOURSELF?!? :)

     
  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    That is the cutest "do" I have seen in a long time. Maybe I can fly Sarah out here to cut Emma's and Lauren's. I think it looks better than the long "do" but don't tell Kenzie.

     
  • At 2:07 AM , Blogger Kelly Anne said...

    But you can't go wrong with a mullett!!

    She is rocking the short 'do very nicely!

     
  • At 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I do have to admit...it is cute! Maybe she has found her calling already!

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It really is cute on her but must have been a shock. Kids! What did Mackenzie have to say for herself?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home