The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Monday, September 01, 2008

Updates in the Stanley household

Happy Labor Day!
I'm sorry that it has been so long since my last blog. The beginning of the school year is so busy. It was great having today off though.
So, what's been going on here since my last post?
Mason's arm-The doctor said it is healing fine but he wants him to refrain from anything that might jar it and not to raise it up and around too much. No swimming or P.E. for 8 weeks! It's getting harder because he doesn't feel like it's broken and therefore wants to do all the regular stuff that he would normally do. Today we went round and round because one of the neighbors had set up one of those blow-up water slides and invited the kids over. Mason was so upset that we wouldn't let him play on it.
School- Third grade is going well for both Mason and I. My class is very active and I have a small classroom but we are managing so far. Kenzie is doing fine, except that her teacher told me Friday that she often plays in her desk during instruction time. When I asked Kenzie she blamed her pencil. Apparently her pencil tempts her to play. :)
Other stuff- Apparently Mason has chosen a new nickname for himself; Mario. I have never heard anyone call him Mario but he said it's his nickname.
Mason wants a drum set. He is constantly drumming on his chest or a table. I don't think I'm ready for a drum set in the house! I told him that maybe Uncle Bill could teach him when we move back. (Uncle Bill can keep a drum set at his house and we'll just send Mason over!)
Mackenzie keeps making friends with kids in the neighborhood who have puppies. She seems to want to play with their dog more than playing with them. I tried to explain to her that you don't make friends with someone just because you want to play with their dog!
Lastly, Mason had to fill out a questionaire for our new music teacher and one of the questions was, "Tell me about your walk with God." He answered, "It was Awesome!" :)
Hope everyone has an awesome week this week!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM , Blogger Reb said...

    oh, gosh! To be a fly on the wall in your house--"it was awesome" Hopefully every walk will be just as awesome if not more the rest of his life:) Maybe Aunt Reb could get a puppy, so Kenzie would want to come play at her place:)

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hurray for Aunt Reb...cause grandma won't be getting a dog any time soon:)) Hopefully Kenzie will still come visit me! Have fun keeping Mason still, sounds like a full time job to me. Glad to hear school is going well. It's so cool to hear Mason's walk with God is awesome. Maybe Kenzie needs more pencils so they can play with each other in her desk & not get her in trouble!

     
  • At 6:28 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    I am laughing right now because our two little girls are too funny. Emma hasn't been in trouble yet for playing in her desk, maybe because her naughty pencils are kept in a pencil box and it would be too hard to get to them. I am SO mean because I am trying to avoid even a hamster yet alone a puppy. No WAY, we got a baby instead, you would think they would like that better. I don't dare ask though which one they would rather have a baby or a hamster. :)
    I can't imagine keeping Mason "still." Emma would be a nightmare to keep still.

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh Mason, I am still laughing, I wish I would have been with you on your walk! :) Kenzie, I can relate those pencils used to get grandpa in trouble also.

     
  • At 12:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just checking in because I just love keeping up on all the happenings. I am sure this is a very busy time. It won't be long before we see everyone again. I am praying for warm, beautiful fall weather next month. See you soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home