The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Monday, August 11, 2008

Thanks for the prayers!!

We went this afternoon for Mason's follow-up appt. with orthopedics. On the way there Mason said, "Am I going to get this splint off?" I explained that they said probably 4 weeks. He then told me, "I think I'm going to get it off." I didn't want to crush his faith but I tried to prepare him for keeping it on.
Then, Mason asked the first guy who took us back, "Am I getting this off today?" He explained that usually you have to wear it for about 4 weeks. Mason then said again, "I think I'm going to get it off." The guy said, "Well, that would be a miracle, unless you know a cure that we don't know about." I couldn't resist piping up and telling him that we've been praying. He didn't say much about that. :)
Well, guess what? Dr. Chen said to take the splint off and just wear the sling. I shouldn't have been so shocked, but I was. Mason's arm is still broken, but it is healing nicely and the dr. doesn't think he needs the splint and that it will just heal completely on it's own. Praise the Lord!
He did give us strict instructions not to play tag, 4-square, dodge-ball, or even start swimming yet. We go back in two weeks for a follow-up. He wants Mason to be very careful with his arm but I am so excited that the splint is off. I was getting concerned about the uniform situation.
God is so good and I know that this is a testimony to His grace and His healing power!
Now just pray that we can keep Mason fairly immobile and it won't be too frustrating for him to not participate at recess. :)
Again, thanks so much for all of your prayers. Prayer works!!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yippie!!!!

     
  • At 7:15 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    that IS a miracle! I've never heard of a non-casted broken arm! Be careful Mason, ok? :)

     
  • At 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow God is still in the healing business!! That is awesome!

     
  • At 7:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i would love to have seen the look on that guys face when mason came out with no splint! i admire the faith that little kids have!

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    I can just see Emma saying the same thing and how sure she is of things. :) Good for you Mason, just keep being careful. Good luck with school and tell Kenzie good luck too. We can't wait to see a picture of both of you in your uniforms.

     
  • At 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just catching up on blogs tonight although we had heard Mason broke his arm. I hope things are going well and Mason is being careful. Hope everyone has a wonderful school year. God bless you all.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home