The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Babysitters

Aloha everyone,
We found out a few weeks ago that the kids' favorite babysitter (besides Aunt Katie), Miss Vicky is moving. Her dad is in the army and they got orders to Texas at the last minute. We were actually looking forward to another year before saying goodbye. Vicky's mom was Mason's 1st grade teacher and she is a good friend of mine. The kids actually beg us to go out on dates so that they can have Vicky over. So, Saturday Bob and I went out. Not for us, but for the kids. :) There weren't even any good movies to see but it is always nice to go out for dnner just the two of us and know that the kids are having a great time. Luckily for us, Vicky's older sister is staying here for college, so we aren't totally out of a babysitter.
Speaking of babysitting, we watched our friend's son Samuel yesterday for a couple of hours. Mackenzie had a blast being the "babysitter". She followed him around, picked him up, and even filled his sippy cup with juice. I think she'll be a great babysitter when she gets a little older.



I had to add this picture too. Our neighbors have three little puppies. I don't know how old they are but aren't they just too cute? They are selling them and the kids would love to have a dog but we've explained to them that we can't buy a dog with only one more year here. Arranging a flight for your dog is expensive and a hassle. (We've heard many other people's stories)
Brownie, our bunny, left for a new home on Sunday. We don't have a good set-up at the new house for her. Especially since Bob is allergic. She went home with a couple who have another bunny her age named Beau. Beau's "pen mate" died last month and he was lonely. The kids were sad, but they did ok. I think I may have been more attached to her than they were. Honestly a bunny is my kind of pet, they're quiet, calm and don't require as much attention as a dog. Well, that's about it around here. I think I'm out of vacation mode and starting to feel the back to school bug. My theme decor this year is going to be frogs, so I have been cutting out quite a few little frogs for bulletin boards. I'll take some pictures when it's ready.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Where has the summer gone. It has been a busy one. Now we are all looking forward to the wedding. It is hard to find great sitters (the ones who like to make things and play)I even remember that! The kids are growing so quickly..I love the picture of them in those cool hands T-shirt. Take care everyone.

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Been a while since I have checked blogs! It's so nice to have someone that you comletely trust to watch the kids. I can't wait to be that person!!! I don't do dogs though:))

     
  • At 5:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think they are both two old for a BABYsitter, they need a grandpa to hang out with! :)

     
  • At 2:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    That little puppy is the cutest thing--maybe aunt reb will get one when she moves back and the Stanley's can dog sit while I am away on trips:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home