The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Saturday, August 26, 2006

My Classroom



Hi All! Here are just a few pictures of my classroom. What a week? Each day seemed to get easier and easier, so I take that as a good sign. I've actually got a really good group of kids. Almost 1/2 of them have been in class together since preschool so "separating the talkers" has proven a little difficult, but I am having a fun time.
We had a relaxing Sat. today. We all slept in until 8:45am! Can you believe that?! It was great! Then the kids and I just hung out at home doing laundry and playing (me-laundry, kids-playing!) After Bob got home from his VB game we ate lunch and then ran some errands. I have a MK customer who lives near the outlet mall and it just worked out perfect that she needed some things! :) I struck gold at the Bass Outlet. They were having 70% off their summer clothes. I got 3 skirts, 1 pair of pants, two shirts, 1 pair of shorts, a neclace and 3 pair of earrings for $99! According to my reciept I saved $178. Isn't that awesome?! Bob and the kids weren't as impressed with that as I was. :)
After that we went to Walmart and then to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Mason got a good student award back in April that included a free kids meal at Outback and we just never had gotten around to using it. Boy was the steak delicious! On the way home we stopped at Best Buy, looked around but walked out with nothing. (That's a good thing!) And to top it all off we stopped by Starbucks on the way home.
Well, Kenzie is in the bath and is telling me that she's done, so I guess I'd better get her out and into bed. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 3:55 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    First of all...love your classroom and your colorful bulletin boards. It makes me excited for Emma to start school. As for separating the talkers...Emma will be the one in the corner having to be separated. Maybe that's ok. The shopping spree excites me definately. I love outlet malls and getting great deals! No, the guys could care less. Have a great second week at school.

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like a great week to me too! Your classroom is so nice and colorful (& neat, how long will the kids keep up with that!) I loved the bulletin borads. It's so nice to be able to share your God's love openly with the kids. Family time is soooo precious, it's great to hear you had a blessed Saturday. (Major shopping blessing!)

     
  • At 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Classroom looks great, you really have the gifting for that. Great job. Now about the shopping, I will have to tell you like I always remind your mother, I hope you gave Bob the $178. you saved so he can go buy something :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home