The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Monday, November 10, 2008

Kindergarten Asia Day

I noticed today that just about everyone had updated their blogs, so I figured I had better keep up! 
Kenzie's class has been studying Asia and had a special day on Friday to celebrate all things Asian. Kenzie's teacher is from Thailand so she has learned a lot about that particular country. She also has learned a song about all the continents. I'm pretty impressed because she can also recognize and name each one on a map. 
All the kids got to dress in Asian attire. Kenzie wore the cute pink dress that James and Kelly had sent her last year for her birthday. Thanks, guys! 
One of the parents was kind enough to take several pictures and emailed them to me since I couldn't be there. I did get to stop in and have the yummy Asian potluck though. 


All that Asian food and she ate fried rice, a bun, and an almond cookie. She did have some noodles later and believe it or not Kenzie will eat sushi. (Unlike her dad or brother who won't even get near it!) 

Paper lantern craft

No, she doesn't look Asian, but she sure is cute! :) 


They also made these masks and did origami. After lunch and recess they watched Mulan. 
Our school does a lot of these "special days" after studying a particular unit. My third graders will have "Narnia Day" and last year I did a "Bach tea day" after we had read a biography about Johann Sebastian Bach. Towards the end of the year Kindergarten will have "Pioneer day". It's really fun and a great way for kids to remember what they have learned. 

By the way, Happy Veteran's Day to all those who have fought for our country and are currently serving. Thank You!  


3 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think it is great that they can learn about different cultures. Kenzie does look awful cute. It's good that they can try different foods too. It will help them not be shy about new foods when they grow up.
    I also want to say thank you to all the veterans that read your blog and all of the currently serving military. We are very blessed to have each one of them.

     
  • At 6:53 PM , Blogger Reb said...

    Looks like a great day! I wish I could have fun days like that at work:) I love the dress also it's so cute!

     
  • At 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a cute little Asian! Love the pretty dress. Looks ike you had fun day!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home