The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Out of the mouths of third graders.....

I'm finally getting around to blogging again. 
November has been a really busy month. The kids have a couple more weeks of swimming lessons and they both are taking tumbling classes now. Kenzie moved up to an intermediate class and Mason just started a boys class, which means we go from 9am-11:15 on Saturdays. They are both really enjoying it though. 
School has been busy with different projects that we've been doing--a canned food drive in which the Kindergarten class won an ice cream party; Operation Christmas Child, and making letters to send to the soldiers for Christmas. 
Speaking of, I was reading the cards my third graders made and they were so cute and sweet. "Thank you for protecting our country", "I'm praying for you." A funny one though was one that said, "Dodge the bullets-pretend that it's a big game of dodgeball and you'll win!" It's that cute? I debated whether it was ok because a Christmas card really isn't a good way of reminding someone that they are in danger, but I have a feeling some soldier is going to get a kick out of that! :) 
Also, the other day our library teacher was reading a story to my class about a girl who wrote a letter to President Lincoln to make Thanksgiving Day a national holiday. Afterwards, their assignment was to write a letter to President-elect Obama addressing their concerns. Well, she had trouble getting them started. I was at my desk working and heard these responses. Tre said, "I would like him to make healthy pizza." Then, Mason said, "Oh, I would like him to invent a way to make ice-cream without milk." So, the librarian tried getting them back on track explaining that those things weren't really a part of the presidents job and asking, "What concerns you?" Brandon raised his hand and said, "I'm concerned!" The librarian said, "What concerns you, Brandon?" He said very matter-of-factly, "Obama being the  president IS what concerns me!!" I tried so hard not to laugh! 
You hear the funniest things when you are around kids all day. I really should write it down because I don't remember half of what I have heard from them. 

4 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I must agree with Brandon! :)

     
  • At 6:01 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    Oh Brandon, we too share your concerns. :) Amy, I can't even imagine all the things you must hear. Thanks for the laughs.

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    That Brandon, he's a smart kid all right! Thanks for the laugh tonight!!! It's great to hear from you as always and guess what? Today was the LAST YEAR of Christmas tree hunting without you guys!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!

     
  • At 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone, we will be thinking of you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home