The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!



Happy New Year to everyone!! We had a fun weekend after a pretty laid back week after Christmas. Friday night we had a Christmas party with my women's group from church. We had trouble scheduling it before Christmas because everyone was so busy. It was a lot of fun. We had potluck and the kids made gingerbread houses.
Saturday evening we went to the North Shore to watch the sunset. It was a great night! We picked up a pizza and took it to Waimea Bay. For those of you have been to see us, we took you there to watch the sunset and maybe surfers depending on what time of the year you came.
I have to admit I was having a "stressful" day trying to clean the house and feeling like I can never keep up, but sometimes taking time out and enjoying the outdoors and each other helps. (It doesn't make the mess go away but somehow it gives me more peace and more perspective!)
Sunday evening was our most uneventful night. :) We spent the night at home watching movies and playing. We were even all awake at midnight!
Anyway, I hope that 2007 is a great year for all of you!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:30 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    The beach pictures are beautiful. We have snow here but would love to go to the beach. Your weekend sounds great. Dave and I were both in bed (on New year's eve) by 9 and he claimed I was snoring by 9:30. Talk about uneventful!

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a beautiful sunset, it is even nicer knowing I sat on that beach and got wet in that water. Great Pictures! Happy New Year

     
  • At 2:37 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    I was thinking of you during my post and thought that the kids may be a little jealous. Emma is jealous of the beach thing. Isn't it funny, or sad I guess, that we are so far away and have opposite climates! Don't worry, as you know the snow gets really old on about day 2. The beach doesn't get old like that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home