The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Minor Accident...





Well, I had some good pictures to post about our day Saturday, but this incident Sunday afternoon gets the spot on the blog. Apparently Mason left open the glass door on the TV cabinet and Kenzie didn't see it and ran right into (through) it. We didn't really see it happen (I was laying on the couch trying to take a nap) but it looks like it got pushed so hard the wrong way that it just shattered. There was Kenzie sitting in a pile of glass with this shocked look on her face. Bob picked her up and we realized she was bleeding from her hand, knee, leg and feet. She doesn't handle blood well so there were lots of tears! Luckily none of the cuts were deep and were all patched up just fine with bandaids.
Right away Bob said, "Stacy would blog this!" and I knew I had to. (For those who don't know, Stacy is my cousin who always has an interesting blog! )
We are also CSI fans, which is why I used to ruler to photograph the blood stained carpet. It's evidence!
Anyway, Kenzie is fine and Mason is over blaming himself. He was crying because he left the door open. He said it was his fault.
I'm sure we will go through a whole box of bandaids in the next couple of days because you know any little tiny scratch needs a bandaid. :)
I'll post the Saturday pictures on a slow day. :)
Have a great Monday everyone!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kenzie, I am glad you are okay! The crime scene photos are very clever, but so sorry it happened. We love and miss you, The Seawards

     
  • At 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I count six bandaids, is that the total and is it a record? I hope it is! Wouldn't want to see her bandaged up any more than that. Have to stay out of the sun so she doen't get 'bandaid lines'. Grandpa S

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Kaup Fleet said...

    Kenzie! Look at all those band aids! Its good to see that you have a smile on your face after such and accident. I know how you feel Mason. I experienced the same feeling when I was involved in a drive by pipeing with your mother. Talk to you all later.

     
  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    Thank you for posting something that made me get a good chuckle. I haven't had a good laugh in a while. :) Glad to see Kenzie is ok and smiling so proudly with all her bandaids. Where are the Spongebob bandaids? I LOVE the ruler picture. Very "crimesceneish".

     
  • At 3:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amy, great post..but sorry the great posts are because something out of the daily routine has happened!! I am so happy it wasn't worse. Miss you guys ALOT!
    HUGS.

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    Sorry to be a late responder but Bob is right... I WOULD HAVE TOTALLY BLOGGED THIS EVENT!!! :) Hope Kenz is on the mend and LOVE the ruler picture!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home