The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Deep thoughts on Christmas.....

Caution: These are much deeper thoughts than my usual blogs! :) I am just so grateful for my Jesus that I had to post these thoughts that are running around inside my head.

I've been reminded many times this past few weeks about the true meaning of Christmas. It's really about going beyond the manger and thinking about the cross. Christmas is about God's redemption for a lost and dying world that He loves with all his heart. It's really about John 3:16 and my need for a savior. As this song by Aaron Shust puts it, I can't even begin to understand why God does what He does, but I have a Savior who gave His life so that I could have eternity with God. The day little baby Jesus was born was the day that the God of the universe said,"Amy, I love you so much that I want to spend eternity with you. I know that you will disappoint me, deny me, brush me off and doubt me at times but despite all of that I love you enough to sacrifice my only son for you." That tiny baby that was born in a stable took on all of my sins. I am so unworthy of His sacrifice but I accept it with a grateful heart and pray that I can make His sacrifice worth it by letting Jesus light and His love shine through my life all year long.
Here are the words to my "Christmas song" for this year:

"My Savior, My God" by Aaron Shust
I am not skilled to understand What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at his right hand Stands one who is my Savior
I take him at his word and deed, Christ died to save me this I read
And in my heart I find a need For him to be my Savior
That he would leave his place on high, And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I Before I knew my savior
My savior loves, my savior lives My savior's always there for me
My God he was, my God he is My God he's always gonna be
Yes, living, dying; let me bring My strength, my solace from this spring
That he who lives to be my king Once died to be my savior
That he would leave his place on high And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I Before I knew my savior

3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    Great entry Amy. We truly wish you all a very Merry Christmas and can't wait some day to all be together again.

     
  • At 4:54 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    Merry Christmas! Thinking of you guys and wishing we were all together... Mella Meliki Maka... how's that for butchering it??? Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! We miss you!

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow! I love that song too. You hit the nail on the head with your thoughts. I sometines can't wrap my mind around how much God loves us and the reason we were created. We make it too difficult, His love should be our consuming fire and reason for everything!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home