The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Friday, July 07, 2006

Some people never learn...


When we first moved to Hawaii I wore a minimum SPF 30 sunscreen and limited my sun exposure, like a good fair skinned girl from Nebraska. Over time I built up a little color and gradually decreased my SPF factor until I was down to 6. I could spend a couple of hours in the sun with SPF 6 and get a pretty decent tan. Well, I haven't had much time at the beach in the last 6 months or so and have lost my tan. So I should have known better than to spend 3 hours at the pool with SPF 6 and not even re-apply! I am now it pain. I can't carry my purse on my shoulder because it hurts too much. I guess I just have to accept my Kaup genes and face the fact that the sun and I do not have a great relationship! :)
By the way, I did take care of my kids. They wore SPF 30 and we re-applied it at swim breaks. :)

7 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry Amy, you can blame that gene on me. I recognize the color and know the pain you are in. Keep it cool.

     
  • At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh,Amy, that looks so painful. Hope you start feeling better soon.

     
  • At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I definately know what that feels like! I do blame Dad and I dont understand why Andy has no problem tanning, but the rest of us burn crazy bad! Just keep adding oil free hydrating gel and you wont peel!!!

     
  • At 3:22 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    Oh Amy! You poor thing! I, too, am cursed by the no-tan Kaup gene and can imagine EXACTLY what you're feeling! This is the first summer that I've been out in the sun every day and I still need my SPF 45 or look out! I am excited, though, as all of my freckles are running together and maybe will create a pseudo-tan! Hope you feel better soon! Take some ibuprofen at bedtime... for me sleeping is always the worst with a bad sunburn.

     
  • At 5:59 PM , Blogger Reb said...

    Wowwwiee!! That looks painful. I think we should start a tanless support group. Stacy, I'm with you on the hope for the freckle merger.

     
  • At 3:37 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    You are all too funny. I will join the tanless support group and may even be president. Aunt Kathy, Andy, Dave, Emma, Ted, Bob, you are not allowed in our group....although you should be proud of that. Anyway, I know how you feel Amy and don't burn too much cause then you get this permanent red neck and you don't want to be a (have a) "red neck."

     
  • At 3:38 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    Oh Amy, if you get this crazy envelope in the mail from us addressed to Mackenzie don't freak out. Emma colored this picture of Cinderella and wanted to send it to Mackenzie. She was nuts about it and carried it around half the time around the 4th while the mailman was not working. She folded it herself :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home