The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Friday, May 19, 2006

Preschool Graduation

Kenzie and I attended her friend Chloe's preschool graduation this morning. (Congratulations, Chloe!)
Wow! I knew high school graduations were a big deal here in Hawaii but I didn't realize that they go all out for even preschool! The kids wore little caps and announced their name and were given little diplomas. Many parents had bunches of those big mylar balloons and of course each little one received leis. Kenzie and I got Chloe the flower lei. As we pulled up to the lei stand this morning I asked Kenzie what color she wanted to get and she didn't even hesitate to say "purple". She knew that was Chloe's favorite color. (Although I'm betting Chloe gets more enjoyment out of the gumball lei!)
The sanctuary (Chloe's preschool is at our church) was just as crowded as it is on Sunday mornings. I couldn't believe how many people freed up their Friday morning schedule to come to a preschool graduation. It was very sweet and fun for both Kenzie and I, even though we made 2 trips to the bathroom and one to the water fountain! :)
Tonight we did one of our favorite Friday night activities. We went to Round Table Pizza in Waikiki (Bob's absolute favorite Pizza next to his mom's homemade pizza!) and then they have fireworks on the beach at 8pm on Friday nights. The kids enjoy playing in the sand while we wait for it to get dark. Of course we then top off the evening with a quick stop by Starbucks. It's becoming a great Friday night tradition. :)
Well, I think I've "talked" enough tonight. I better go wake Bob. He layed down with Kenzie about 15 minutes ago. I'm pretty sure they are both out cold! :)
Have a great weekend everybody!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amy & Kenzie,
    Thanks so much for coming to Chloe's graduation and for the lei. She said she was so blessed to have the leis.
    Lora & Chloe

     
  • At 5:47 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    We have been gone for a week so am trying to catch up with all the messages. Cute pictures again. I am definately in for all the restaurants and shopping...too bad I have to go back to work on Monday. I am always willing though to take some time off. Sarah

     
  • At 6:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amy, it's Sunday morning here and I want to be the first on this site anyway to wish you a very happy birthday. Hope you have a great day. I offered my mass and prayers for all YOUR intentions today. God bless you all

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    Happy Birthday Amy!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Belated Birthday-Amy!!! We love all the blog sites --pictures are great and I can finally keep in touch with everyone.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home