The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tsunami Advisory

Another "first" for us happened this morning. I woke up to the news that we were in a Tsunami watch. You may have heard on CNN that because of an earthquake in Tonga (not even sure where exactly that is) there was a possibility that we would have a Tsunami. Within a short time we were down graded to an advisory. My neighbor and I were on the phone with each other several times. Do we send the kids to school? Should we be preparing for something? Anyway, I think the national news blew up the story to be bigger than it really was. Some schools that are closer to the coast closed as a precaution but everything is fine. We didn't even get any high winds or anything.
All is well here and we were not really in any danger. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    I thought of you guys today when I heard about the tsunami advisory! Then I heard that it was cancelled for Hawaii, phew! Hope Mason is feeling better!!!

     
  • At 7:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow a tsunami....kind of reminds me of Karate Kid...or was that a typhoon. It was one of those "T" storms. We previewed the zoo for you guys on Tuesday and saw Andy there "working hard". Ready to see you in 1 month.

     
  • At 5:46 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    Silly Sarah... a tsunami isn't a STORM! It's a TIDAL WAVE! :) Funny thing is... I can hardly even pronounce the word correctly anymore. Last year after the big tsunami disaster in Thailand we were praying for the victims (at church) and the petition reader said, "We pray for the victims of the... tu SAH me." Oh my gosh Ted and I about peed our pants. It's our running joke now... I even actually said 'tu SAH me' to dad the other day!

     
  • At 4:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

     
  • At 4:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home