The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We're still here...

Aloha family and friends! 
I keep waiting for some pictures to blog but I just haven't taken any. So, I decided I had better at least do an undate even without pictures. 
We are doing well. Bob is getting pretty busy between training the new person who will be taking his place and starting the job hunt. 
His retirement ceremony is going to be on July 8 (07-08-09) at 10am on the USS Missouri. He has worked at Pearl Harbor with a joint command since we moved here, so it will be pretty special to have the ceremony at such a historic location. You are all welcome to come out for the occasion! :)
We are getting excited to see the Suttons in a few weeks. It seems like we haven't done any "Hawaii stuff" in a while so it will be great having guests to share it with. You know surfing, swimming with sharks, sky-diving...that kind of thing. :)  I hope you guys are ready! 


4 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger Reb said...

    Wish I could come, but know you guys will have a great time!!

     
  • At 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't believe the time has gone so fast. Seems the first time I talked to Bob was just a week or so ago and it's been, let me see, about 1990 I think. Time does fly!
    I wish I could come to the retirement thing, I'd love to be there for that and it would be great to see those ships up close. I know it will be a great time for you all and the kids will have some wonderful memories to share with their new friends.
    I know Jim and Lora have put Nebraska as one of their choices for their next duty station and I'd love for you all to still be close like now, but the grandma in me hopes they get someplace closer to us and Lora's folks. But anyplace stateside we can drive to so that's better than such a long and expensive flight. I wish you all the best and may God continue to Bless you all!

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We are getting very excited too. It's hard to believe we will be coming soon. When you moved to Hawaii we said we are coming to see you and we have almost missed it!! Harv bought me a book on Oahu for my birthday and HE has read almost every bit of it and keeps filling me in on all the things to do except he skipped all the fun things you mentioned. I will ask him about that. See you soon!!

     
  • At 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Is it true sharks are drawn to new tattoos?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home