The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Confessions of a Winter Wimp!

So today we started back to swim lessons at 4:30pm every Wednesday. The kids were glad to get back to it and meet their new teacher. They both moved up a level. Well, they were having a great time until it was time to get out. The wind was blowing and it was a blustery 69 degrees. My denim jacket wasn't even keeping me warm! The poor kids turned blue upon stepping out of the pool! I wrapped them up in a towel and rushed them off to get dry clothes on. In the car Mason asked for the heat to be turned on and we blew the heat full blast for a few minutes while he covered up with a fleece blanket (the blanket has been in the car for the last week because Kenzie "freezes" on the way to school in the morning).
So those of you hunkered down in your midwest snowstorm this week take consolation in the fact that at least you can handle it! You are brave and worthy of my admiration! I only ask that when we move back you have sympathy and don't make too much fun of us! :)

Other than the "cold" we are doing just fine. Bob has been in California at a conference and will return Friday. We all are looking forward that!

One more story before I go. God has such a funny sense of humor sometimes. When we got home tonight it was dark and the kids were freaking out about a moth on the screen door. Kenzie didn't want to go in because she was too scared of it and Mason wasn't much better. I came just short of making fun, but did tell them to get over the tiny moth and go inside. Goodness, moths don't bite! Well, later when I went out to feed the bunny there was this gigantic, at least 5 inch long, moth out in the porch. When I opened the door it started flying around my head and freaked me out! I shut the door and really didn't want to go back out, but finally worked up the nerve. The thing was huge! Yes, I learned my lesson!

Anyway, sorry no pictures. Maybe next time. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM , Blogger Kaup Fleet said...

    I certainly can sympathize with you about the bugs Amy. They are so big out here they sort of take you by suprise. I've never been afraid of bugs or spiders until we moved out here. We miss you guys!

     
  • At 3:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Goodmorning Amy and welcome back to the blog. First just want to tell you I've missed you and next want to tell you I think of all of you each morning with my cup of coffee. I enjoy every sip. Thank you again. Love your moth story and it made me smile because God did have fun with that one!! I am at work and it was slow going this morning but we probably didn't get more then 2 or 3". It is cold though. It's almost 8 and I am the only one here yet. Maybe it is a snow day and I don't know it! God bless you all. Love

     
  • At 12:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My sympahties are with you! I HATE being cold no matter what the temperature is outside! When you move back Kenzie and I will just have to curl up with a fleece blanket, of course any of you other weather wimps are free to join us! I'm not a fan of moths either, big or small, but I will admit I would have told them to get over it too!! Love, Mom

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    Moths: ok, June bugs: NOT ok! :) So I take it you guys won't be up for sledding? how about ice fishing? maybe some skiing? Just kidding! I have to tell you, we'd do ANYTHING for some warm weather around here... when it's 30F and the sun is shining we call it a HEAT WAVE! :) The kids and I get a little cabin fever this time of year... but we look forward to having you guys home and starting our own 'stay warm' traditions! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home