The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Right after our hike up the mountain.
Hiking again. :)
After they retire from the military they're going to compete on "Sand Blasters"
Kelly and the two "sisters". (Kenzie likes to call Maggie her sister.)
Our "grown-ups" night out. The Luau got rained out so we went to Dukes in Waikiki and had just as much fun!
Happy New Year to all our family and friends! 2007 has flown by and been such a great year! Here are a few pictures from this past week. I'm feeling a little reflective and so very thankful today, so bear with me as I "babble" for a while! :)

Reb flew home Saturday and James, Kelly, and Maggie left this morning. We had such a FABULOUS time! I just can't even put into words how great it was to spend Christmas with our family. So many great memories were made at the beach, eating out, hiking, and playing games until midnight. You guys will probably tease me for being so sentimental but it was really fun for me to get to spend time with my brother, sisters, and niece. :) Thank you for coming!

Sunday at church we sang a song by The Katinas called "Thank You". It really sums up how I feel about 2007. Here are just a few of the lyrics: "Thank you Lord, just for loving me. Many times I do forget every need that you have met. Your love is so amazing, it changed me. Here I am with all I have, I raise my hands to worship you. I want to say thank you. For everything, for who you are."

During that song I started thinking about all the ways that God has blessed our family. God sacrificed His only Son for us and honestly that would have been more than enough, but He hasn't stopped there. God has given us our health, provided for every need and then some. We live in America-the land of freedom and opportunity, have great families and friends and are blessed beyond belief! So Thank you Lord for all of that. I pray that each of us can show our gratitude to God by living our life that glorifies Him!

God Bless your 2008!




5 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger Reb said...

    I had such an awesome time with you guys--all the memory making!! I even ate at Maui Taco (as close to James' taco stand)in Minneapolis. It was hard coming back to the quiet apartment and cold weather:)

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amy what on earth were you thinking hiking diamond head in crocks?!? Looks like you guys had so much fun! I can't wait to see you all again! :)

     
  • At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so glad you all had a great time!! Amy you are so right we have so much to be thankful for!!

     
  • At 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy New Year Everyone! I bet it was hard to see everyone leave. Time always goes so fast. When will school start there? We too have so much to thank God for. Our families are blessed.

     
  • At 5:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great time! You did all of the normal tourist things along with making some great memories! What a blessing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home