The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Saturday, December 08, 2007






Merry Christmas! Last time I posted it was Thanksgiving so I guess it's about time that I post. :)
I had to post Mason reading because I am just so proud of him. He has started reading chapter books! I don't know if it's because I'm a teacher or if every mom is like this, but I was a bit anxious about his resistance to reading more that easy picture books, but he's found a series called The Magic Treehouse that he just loves. Last week he checked out a book from the school library on Tuesday and was finished with it by Wednesday night. Being one who LOVES to read myself, I couldn't be more excited! :)
Kenzie is just starting to read. She can sound out letters and can put the letters together pretty good. She loves to write everybody's name down and is constantly spelling out words on cereal boxes, books and signs while we're driving.
Anyway, enough bragging about my children! :)
We are so excited that Reb will be here in just one more week and James, Kelly, and Maggie will arrive one week after that! We did a video chat with them last night and it just makes me even more anxious to finally see Maggie in person. She is such a cutie!!
Lastly, the video is of a group called "Go Fish"that the kids and I have started listening to. They do Christian kids music but it's not that annoying stuff like The Wiggles. (Sorry if you're a fan of The Wiggles, I guess we've outgrown that music at our house.) This song is of course about keeping Christ in Christmas. Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:11 PM , Blogger Reb said...

    Can't believe how grown up they are getting! I am so pumped about seeing you guys in just days!!!

     
  • At 5:02 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    Wow, I wish I enjoyed reading like Mason. It usually puts me to sleep. :) That's a great song too!!

     
  • At 5:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good job Mason! You look so grown up sitting there reading!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home