The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Beach Patrol, Honolulu!!






I had to blog about my 5 minutes of fame Saturday. Just as I was putting sunscreen on Mason Kenzie started screaming. She had gotten stung by a bee on her upper thigh. Well, I couldn't ever remember her getting stung before so to be safe I took her up to the lifeguard stand. Well, as I was telling him what happened this lady with a giant video camera was filming our entire conversation. She didn't tell me why so I finally asked. They were filming for a show called Beach Patrol that airs on Court TV. I guess it's like a "Cops" but about lifeguards. (Google Beach Patrol - Court TV) So, to make a long story short, I ended up filling out release pictures and being "interviewed" about what happened. They came down to where we were sitting and asked me to retell the story of her bee sting and what the lifeguard did (ice pack). He even asked, "So, what made you go to the lifeguard?" I explained that my son has a severe peanut allergy and I know how serious bee stings can be if you are allergic. Anyway, the camera lady also got some shots of Kenzie playing with Bob and Mason in the sand.
By the way, Kenzie is fine. She actually had stopped crying by the time I reached the lifeguard stand. He kept telling her how brave she was and he was very good with her.
So, the Honolulu episodes air in August sometime. We won't know if we're on until we actually watch. I'll keep you posted!!
We also saw some turtles that day and a beautiful sunset. The day before the kids dyed Easter eggs.
That's all for now! :)

5 Comments:

  • At 4:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, I'll be watching for the show. Looks like you had a good day in spite of the bee.
    By the way, a great picture of the 4 of you with the ocean in the background.

     
  • At 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    amy. . are you standing in that picture with the cameras? cuz everyone else is kneeling and you are only a little taller! :)

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    DANG!!! I'm related to a CELEBRITY!!! How cool is that???

     
  • At 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Can I have your autograph!?! What a story! Sure glad Kenzie is OK though.

     
  • At 3:59 PM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    I love it! Dave thinks KPTM (our dorky TV station) is cool. BUT, he hasn't been on a cool show. How funny would that be to see you guys. The sunset picture is the best.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home