The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Aloha Hawaii..


I sat down tonight intending to post some of the pictures that we've taken the past couple of weeks but I realized that all of our pictures are on the iMac and not on this laptop. Oh well, I guess I'll have to catch up with those later. (My dad's facebook page has some of the pictures)

So, I guess instead I'll use this post to reflect and try to put into words the feelings that I have right now. I guess bittersweet is a pretty good word to describe leaving Hawaii. This has been home for 5 1/2 years. We've only been a family of 4 for 6 1/2 years, so really we have spent our entire "life as a family" on this Island. I think it is appropriate that our blog is called "The Stanley Ohana" because the majority of our family memories have a Hawaii connection. Lately a couple of different friends who used to live here but have moved away have told us that Hawaii never leaves you. I 'm beginning to understand how true that is! We know that Nebraska is where God is leading us and we are excited to start this next chapter in our lives. But, please forgive us if the excitement isn't evident in our faces right away. :) We are saying goodbye to wonderful friends and a beautiful place where we have all experienced God in amazing ways. Hopefully we'll be able to come back here at some point, ideally in the winter! :)

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." -Annie (The movie)

Aloha, Hawaii! We'll miss you! :)

7 Comments:

  • At 4:27 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    I can't even imagine how hard it is/was to say goodbye to all your friends. Heck, I cried when we moved out of our old house because of all the memories. Believe me, we are thrilled that you are almost here but we understand it isn't without some sadness too.

    See you in two days!!

     
  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Can't wait to see you, but totally understand the wave of emotions. It will all be ok, but you are right the "Islands" never leave us:) Love you, and can't wait to hang out with my big sister again!

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Anonymous Mom said...

    After being with you for some of the festivities, I understand how difficult it must be to leave such a wonderful place. You have some truly special people on the islands and God has bless you there. We are anxious to have you close, but definately understnad how life changing this move will be. Love you, and are here for you, even if you need some space at times!

     
  • At 4:47 PM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    I'm shedding a few tears for you as we speak. Of course we're thrilled but we'll do our best to temper our excitement as we know it's going to be bittersweet for you. See you in the morning! Safe travels to you! God bless.

     
  • At 7:39 PM , Anonymous Carolyn and Will said...

    As I read your post I had tears in my eyes for the mixed emotions you all must be having. I know all of your friends, students, coworkers, and anyone you've had contact with will miss you. I was only in Hawaii for a short time and met only a few people and I hated to leave. I can't imagine what it would be like after several years. You are in our prayers as you seek God's will in your lives and I know you will follow His will because I've spent enough time with you all to feel the strong Spirit within you. I also hurt for my children being parted from such good friends. However, God will take care of this as well.
    All the best to the Stanley family as they start the next step in God's plan for them. I hope I get to see you all sometime in the near future.

     
  • At 2:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Japan's military commentator recently a rare christian louboutin peep toe boots
    sign of weakness, that Japan's F15 fighter aircraft, although the United States, fourth-generation fighter, but after all, the old model, developed by the Chinese F-20 news for the Japanese people in Japan's defense will have to live in from China under the shadow of the threat, and experts in the warning; if not timely access to Christian louboutin simple 100 pumps
    budget, time to update the aircraft, this is about Japan's national defense is a disastrous consequence. Okinawa is also required to build a new high-profile high-performance radar, and advanced air defense network,louboutin simple 100 black patent pumps
    which are required substantial capital investment.
    Japanese government to delay the threat from China, have frequently spread this threat Christian Louboutin Patent Hidden Platform Pumps Black
    and the Philippines, India, interactive, hoping to rely on these countries to contain about China's development momentum. But far from immediate help to the fire. This increase in Japan's defense budget christian louboutin suede fringed boots
    in the strings. While in Congress and the public in opposition, but the Japanese media, there have been Chinese warships through the photos, the Chinese research vessel in the photo outside of Japan, and China's aircraft approaching and so on, so that Japan's defense ministry's budget will increase, not decrease.

     
  • At 3:01 PM , Anonymous http://www.buscounapareja.com.ar said...

    The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home