The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

I had a very nice Mother's Day today. After church we went to Ruby Tuesdays, then I came home and took a nap. :) 
It's been a few weeks since my last post so here are a few of the things we've been up to. We have only 2 weeks of school left, which is exciting and stressful at the same time. 

Bob and the kids gave me a flower lei for my last Mother's Day in Hawaii. 

Kenzie loves to eat eggs and her latest thing is to eat them with food coloring. Yesterday she had red eggs and today it was blue. 

Now that Kenzie can ride a bike without training wheels she rides every chance she gets. Yesterday she came in crying because she had fallen off and landed on the end of the handlebar. She's been riding Mason's old bike and the rubber around the handle bar is kind of worn off, so it left a pretty good mark. (Don't worry the black marks next to it are temporary tattoos.) We were concerned about her ribs but she was ready to go back out and play within 10 minutes. 

I made these cupcakes for Teacher Appreciation Week. (Not for myself but for my co-workers) I saw the idea in a magazine and thought they were really cute. 

Our school Spring Concert was last Monday. Mason's class did a great job playing the recorder. They played "When the Saints go Marching In". 

Kenzie's class did a great job too. The pics are not great. Bob was helping me with my students downstairs and didn't get upstairs in time for a good seat! 

So, that's what we've been up to. Mason and Bob are working on a bird model that is due Tuesday. I'll have to post some pics when it's finished. 

4 Comments:

  • At 11:44 PM , Anonymous Carolyn/Grandma Canter said...

    Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day, I can't believe this is your last one in Hawaii. I miss you already for my kids. I know how close you all are. I know that God will see them through without you. I only wish you all were going to be together so you could be Chloe's teacher. I think she could have benefited from that a lot. I can't wait to see Mason and Bob's father/son project. Those sorts of things are so wonderful to have when the kids are grown. The cupcakes are cool too. Kenzie has started her collection of bike marks. I have several that were permanent, I hope her's aren't.
    I wish you all the best for the rest of your time in Hawaii and I know God will bless you all through the end of the school year. I hope you all will live close enough to visit some after retirement. I would like to keep in touch with you, I feel like Mason and Kenzie are my other grandcildren! Love to all

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Mom said...

    This school year has gone so fast. It seems like so long ago then you first started talking about teaching Mason this year. What a year it has been. I am so excited to go to the kid's school programs next year!

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Anonymous uncle harv said...

    what a wonderful time we had in Hawaii, thanks!!!!!!

     
  • At 3:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    this is wonderful time i hawaii

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home