The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Good News and Bad News!

Yes, I'm finally posting again. I've been such a slacker!

Today was a special day for the Stanley children in that they finally got a real pet. Last weekend our school had a silent auction. We bid on a real, live bunny but got outbid by one of my students from last year. Well, when I told one of Mackenzie's preschool teachers that we didn't win, she said she knew someone from church who wanted to find a nice home for their bunny that they have had for 2 years now. So, today we went and picked it up cage, food and everything free of charge. Here are some pics of our new addition, Brownie Flower Sparkle (that's apparently what the kids came up with for her "full name" but we call her Brownie).

That's the good news, kids are happy, bunny seems happy, and mom's happy because it doesn't bark and the cage is on the screened in porch instead of inside. The bad news is that I think Bob is allergic to the bunny! We played with her in the kitchen after dinner and he picked her up and kind of held her on his shoulder. The next thing we knew he was sneezing and his eyes are all swollen up. (I wanted to take a picture but he wouldn't let me.)

So, hopefully if we're careful and only play with her in the porch and Bob doesn't touch her we can keep her. If not, we'll have two very disappointed kids! :(

Tomorrow starts another week so I better get to bed. Have a great week everyone!


5 Comments:

  • At 4:18 AM , Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

    Brownie Flower Sparkle is soooo cute! Her name is especially endearing! :) Sorry Bob... I know just what you're feeling :( Perhaps you and Brownie should say hi from a distance!

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    Just "get rid of Bob" JUST KIDDING
    Welcome Brownie Flower Sparkle. Kind of reminds me of the Brady Bunch episode where Jan was allergic to Tiger. :) I know, I'm wierd.

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very cute bunny! I bet Mason and Kenzie fight to take care of her, at least right now.

     
  • At 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That smile says it all! A big welcome to the family to Brownie Flower Sparkle from the non-amimal person--I will grow to love you Brownie! Bob hang in there...all in the name of being a great Dad!

     
  • At 4:35 AM , Blogger ncseaward said...

    Just a guess...but perhaps Brownie Flower Sparkle was previously owned by some little girls? Brownie is adorable. I wanted to reach through the computer screen and pet her. I bet the kids are having fun with her! We just kicked our cat out of our bedroom because my eyes have been swollen and irritated for a month, and I'm suspecting a cat allergy. So, I feel for Bob and hope it all works out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home