The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Friday, August 17, 2007






Our first day of school was Wednesday. As you can see, once we got to school I didn't get anymore pictures taken. Between getting both kids and all their supplies to the correct classrooms AND meeting my new students and their parents I didn't have a chance to even think about more pictures. :)

Mackenzie is in a new pre-K class with a new teacher, but everything else about school is very familiar. Many of the same friends are in her class, including her "best friend" Kalinoah. She also was already familiar with her teachers.

Mason has a teacher that is brand new to our school. She is very nice and he likes her. His class only has 2 new students. The rest were with him last year.

I am still teaching third grade but that's about the only thing that is the same for me. I have a new classroom and of course a new group of students. This year I have only 18 students, which is very nice! I was relieved Wednesday when i found out that one of the identical triplets in my class got glasses. :) At least it helps me out a bit to tell them apart! The other two have slighly different bangs, so as long as they don't get matching haircuts I should be OK. I also have a set of twins, a boy and a girl.

We only had two days of school this week because today (Fri.) is a holiday, the day Hawaii became a state. (By the way Dad, it was 1959. I had to look it up!)

Next week we'll be into the routine full swing! I think it's going to be a great school year.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM , Blogger Reb said...

    how is it that those two keep getting older--they look so grown up in the pics!! Glad everyone is off to a great start. Part of me wants to be going back to school right now:)

     
  • At 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The kids look so darn cute, and ready for school!! Good luck Amy with your students and have a wonderful school year. God bless you all.

     
  • At 4:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    First day of school! Seems like you just came to Nebraska the day after school got out for the summer! Hope you all have a great year!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home