The Stanley Ohana

Ohana means family...and family means nobody gets left behind.. or forgotten." -Lilo and Stitch

Sunday, August 05, 2007

The End of Summer.....






Well, in two more days my summer will officially be over. I go back to school this Wednesday, and the kids will go back the next Wednesday. During the school year I sometimes envy the freedom that people in "other" jobs have. Like, the ability to go out for lunch (we only get 20-40 minutes for lunch), their own office, not having to take stacks of papers home EVERY night, and the freedom to go to the bathroom whenever they feel like it (you can't just leave 20 third graders alone, even if it is for 2 minutes!)

However, it is all worth it to enjoy 8-10 weeks of vacation every summer! I have LOVED spending this summer traveling, going to the beach, and being lazy! The kids and I have had a lot of fun, especially being in Nebraska and then having Katie in Hawaii for two weeks.

And, maybe you have to be a teacher to appreciate this, but there is nothing like shopping for school supplies! I loved it when I was a kid and I still love it. I am looking forward to the newness of the school year and meeting my new students. I even have a theme for my classroom this year, something I've never done before.

Well, enough talk. Here are a few more pictures of our summer. Have a great week!.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great pictures! can't believe school is starting already, where did the summer go?

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i want to go back

     
  • At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Is that MacKenzie doing her BAYWATCH impersonation!?!

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Looks like you all had a great summer! I was going to ask the same question that "anonymous" ask.
    Hope your school year is as great as your summer was!

     
  • At 10:39 AM , Blogger dave and sarah said...

    Great pictures. Amy your hair looks cute, did you cut it? Anyway, I also loved to school shop when I was little and enjoyed taking Emma this year. School also starts for us next Wednesday! Welcome back Katie.

     
  • At 3:54 PM , Blogger Reb said...

    Love the pics!! Looks like you guys all had a great time. This summer flew by . . . can't believe you guys are heading back to school so soon!

     
  • At 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a fun summer for all of us! It is hard to believe school starts this week for everyone. Have a great year Amy, Kids too. God bless everyone.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home